Since May 2020, the online office hour takes place via the Open Source platform GARR Openmeet. To participate it is necessary:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within the day before the scheduled office hour, in order to book the appointment, indicating “office hour” and the date in the subject line.
- Connect to the internet at the beginning of the office hour time or at the time indicated by the lecturer (in the case of multiple bookings):
- According to the booking order. you will receive at your email address a link and the time to connect to it.
- Click on the link to connect to the platform, allow webcam and microphone, log in and enter your name in the settings.
- In case you are unable to book within the day before, try to contact the lecturer by email the same day and wait for a reply.
- For a better use of the instrument, follow the instructions below (info also here and here):
- use Firefox, Chrome or Chromium as your browser;
- check the quality of the connection (e.g. if home) or telephone connection work better: area and operator can make some difference);
- lower the video quality in the settings;
- close all other web applications on your device;
- check that the device (pc or tablet or other) is up-to-date;
- if any problems persist, see here.
More info on online teaching here.