1. Language of courses and exams:
Courses and exams are usually carried-out in Italian. However:
- Syllabuses are both in Italian and English (see below § 3.).
- The required texts of the syllabuses can be replaced by equivalent texts in other languages.
- During the lectures students can get some help for understanding.
- Exams for all the courses can be carried out in English.
- You can get more information and help (see below § 2.).
- Contact CLI for information about language courses here.
2. Getting information as soon as possible:
Non-Italian Speakers and Erasmus Students, should contact the lecturer (Prof. M. Villa) as soon as possible and get all the needed information from this and the Department’s website to deal with courses and examinations in the best possible way.
In particular, it is important to clarify any possible doubt, getting further information about courses, lectures and examinations held by Prof. M. Villa, to discuss the syllabuses and to understand how to deal with any difficulties in the use of the Italian language.
You can write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (see below § 4.) or access to the Office Hour (see schedules and variations).
3. English syllabuses:
You can download the English Syllabuses from the courses’ web-pages:
- Comparative Welfare Systems (Sistemi di Welfare Comparati): here
- Economic Sociology (Sociologia Economica): here
- Sociology of Work and Organization (Sociologia del lavoro e dell’organizzazione): here
4. Before sending an e-mail, please consider these simple rules:
- Make sure the requested information are not already on the Department’s site or on this web page;
- Always indicate the subject of the e-mail;
- Write the text clearly by including the necessary information (e.g. which exam and which course you are enrolled in);
- Sign up with first and last name (anonymous emails will remain unanswered);
- Send an e-mail only if you need a fairly simple information. Otherwise, please get access to the Office hour.
- Exclusively use your institutional e-mail address if you have one (e.g.: @studenti.unipi.it)