Prof. Barmada is the author or co-author of more than 130 papers published on international journals and international conference proceedings. His research interests are in the area of applied and numerical electromagnetics. The most important ones are
- Signal processing for Non Destructive Testing and Preventive Maintenance, with special attention dedicated to the analysis of Railway Systems.
- Wireless Power Transfer, with special attention dedicated to a combined data and power transfer on magnetic resonant systems.
- Power Line Communications Systems: advanced channel modelling; couplers design and optimisation; Power Line Communication in naval and automotive environment.
- Development of numerical methods for the calculation of EM fields in systems and apparatuses, with special attention dedicated to multiconductor transmission lines, also characterised by nonlinear loads and frequency dependent parameters. Evaluation of crosstalk and coupling for EMC related problems.
- Development of numerical methods based on the use of the Wavelet Expansion.