Associate Professor, IEEE Senior Member
Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell’Informazione
University of Pisa
Via Caruso 16, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Skype to: sanguinetti.luca
e-mail to: email@example.com
I received the Laurea degree (cum laude) in telecommunications engineer and the Ph.D. degree in information engineering from the University of Pisa, Italy, in 2002 and 2005, respectively. Since 2005, I have been with the “Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell’Informazione”, University of Pisa. In 2004, I was a visiting Ph.D. Student with the German Aerospace Center, Oberpfaffenhofen, Germany. From 2007 to 2008, I was a Post-Doctoral Associate with the Department Electrical Engineering, Princeton. In 2010, I was selected for a Research Assistantship with the Technische Universitat Munchen. From 2013 to 2017, I was with the Large Systems and Networks Group, CentraleSupélec, Gif-sur-Yvette, France.
I served as the Exhibit Chair of the 2014 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing and as the General Co-Chair of the 2016 Tyrrhenian Workshop on 5G&Beyond. I also served as a Technical Co-Chair of European Wireless 2018, and as Special Session Chair of ISWCS18. I’m the general chair of SPAWC 2021 (Lucca, June 2021), and also the executive co-chair of ICC 2023 (Rome, May 2023).
I received the 2018 Marconi Prize Paper Award in Wireless Communications and co-authored a paper that received the young best paper award from the ComSoc/VTS Italy Section. I was a co-recipient of two best paper awards: the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC) 2013 and the IEEE WCNC 2014. I was also a recipient of the FP7Marie Curie IEF 2013 DENSE4GREEN (Dense deployments for green cellular networks).
- Wireless Communications, Signal Processing for Communications
- Massive MIMO Networks, Cell-free Massive MIMO, Post-Cellular Networks
- Large Intelligent Surfaces, Holographic MIMO
- Artificial Intelligence-aided Communication Systems
I served as an Associate Editor for IEEE SIGNAL PROCESSING LETTERS (2015-2019), IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS (2011-2016), and as Lead Guest Editor of IEEE JOURNAL ON SELECTED AREAS OF COMMUNICATIONS Special Issue on “Game Theory for Networks” (2017) and as an Associate Editor for IEEE JOURNAL ON SELECTED AREAS OF COMMUNICATIONS series on Green Communications and Networking (2016-2017).
- Emil Bjornson, Linkoping University, SE
- Jakob Hoydis, Nokia-Bell Labs, FR
- Merouane Debbah, Huawei, FR
- Alessio Zappone, CNRS, FR
- Aris Moustakas, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
- Veronica Belmega, ETIS / ENSEA – Université de Cergy-Pontoise – CNRS, FR
- Panayotis Mertikopoulos, Univ. Grenoble Alpes, CNRS,France
- Antti Tolli, Oulu University, FI
- Vincent Poor, Princeton University, US
- Abla Kammoun, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia
- Romain Couillet, CentraleSupélec,France
- Thomas L. Marzetta, New York University, US
- Eduard Jorswieck, TU Dresden, Germany
I have occasional opening for postdoctoral researchers, which will be announced here. However, you may consider applying for a Marie Curie fellowship (see http://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecurieactions/).
Should you be interested in applying, please let me know. I’ll be very happy to assist you.