Associate Professor, IEEE Senior Member
Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell’Informazione
University of Pisa
Via Caruso 16, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Skype to: sanguinetti.luca
e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I received the Laurea degree (cum laude) in telecommunications engineer and the Ph.D. degree in information engineering from the University of Pisa, Italy, in 2002 and 2005, respectively. Since 2005, I have been with the “Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell’Informazione”, University of Pisa. In 2004, I was a visiting Ph.D. Student with the German Aerospace Center, Oberpfaffenhofen, Germany. From 2007 to 2008, I was a Post-Doctoral Associate with the Department Electrical Engineering, Princeton. In 2010, I was selected for a Research Assistantship with the Technische Universitat Munchen. From 2013 to 2017, I was with the Large Systems and Networks Group, CentraleSupélec, Gif-sur-Yvette, France.
I’m the general chair of SPAWC 2024 (Lucca, June 2024), and also the executive co-chair of ICC 2023 (Rome, May 2023). I served as the Exhibit Chair of the 2014 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing and as the General Co-Chair of the 2016 Tyrrhenian Workshop on 5G&Beyond. I also served as a Technical Co-Chair of European Wireless 2018, and as Special Session Chair of ISWCS18, Exhibit Chair of ICASSP2014 and as the General Co-Chair of the 2016 Tyrrhenian Workshop on 5G&Beyond.
I received the 2018 and 2022 Marconi Prize Paper Awards in Wireless Communications and co-authored a paper that received the young best paper award from the ComSoc/VTS Italy Section. I was a co-recipient of two best paper awards: the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC) 2013 and the IEEE WCNC 2014. I was also a recipient of the FP7Marie Curie IEF 2013 DENSE4GREEN (Dense deployments for green cellular networks).
- Wireless Communications, Signal Processing for Communications
- Massive MIMO Networks, Cell-free Massive MIMO, Post-Cellular Networks
- Large Intelligent Surfaces, Holographic MIMO
- Artificial Intelligence-aided Communication Systems
I am currently serving as an Associate Editor for IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON COMMUNICATIONS, and also as member of the Executive Editorial Committee of IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS.
I served as an Associate Editor for IEEE SIGNAL PROCESSING LETTERS (2015-2019), IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS (2011-2016), and as Lead Guest Editor of IEEE JOURNAL ON SELECTED AREAS OF COMMUNICATIONS Special Issue on “Game Theory for Networks” (2017) and as an Associate Editor for IEEE JOURNAL ON SELECTED AREAS OF COMMUNICATIONS series on Green Communications and Networking (2016-2017).
- Vice-President of the Laurea Degree and Laurea Magistrale Degree in Telecommunications Engineering, University of Pisa.
- International Coordinator (CAI) of the Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell’Informazione, University of Pisa.
- Emil Bjornson, Linkoping University, SE
- Jakob Hoydis, NVDIA, FR
- Merouane Debbah, TII, Abu Dhabi
- Alessio Zappone, University of Cassino, IT
- Aris Moustakas, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
- Veronica Belmega, ETIS / ENSEA – Université de Cergy-Pontoise – CNRS, FR
- Panayotis Mertikopoulos, Univ. Grenoble Alpes, CNRS, FR
- Antti Tolli, Oulu University, FI
- Vincent Poor, Princeton University, US
- Abla Kammoun, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia
- Romain Couillet, CentraleSupélec, FR
- Thomas L. Marzetta, New York University, US
- Eduard Jorswieck, TU Braunschweig, GE
- Giuseppe Durisi, Chalmers University , SE