Author/cohautor of more than 40 papers published on national and international journals or volumes. In particular: papers have been published in the Journal of Cleaner Production, Journal of Environmental Management, Resources, Conservation & Recycling; Socio-Economic Planning; Waste Management; European Journal of Operational Research, Water Resources Management; Water; Sustainability; Utilities Policy; International Journal of Public Sector Management; Water Science and Technology; Water Policy
On Researchgate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Giulia_Romano
On Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.it/citations?user=2SRUX3MAAAAJ&hl=it&authuser=2
Research Grants and Coordination of research groups
- 2018/2020 – Scientific Coordinator of the PRA Project financed by the University of Pisa on Performance and knowledge management of water and waste utilities in the Circular Economy framework
- 2015/2016 – Scientific Coordinator of the PRA Project financed by the University of Pisa on Governance and Performance of Water Utilities: a multidisciplinary approach
- 2015/2017 – Scientific Coordinator of a Research Project on efficiency of wastewater treatment plants in collaboration with and financed by GIDA Spa, Prato, Italy
- 2014/2017 – Scientific Coordinator of the Jean Monnet Module (Erasmus + 2014) “European Water Utility Management: promoting innovation Within the water industry and spreading knowledge on relevant and cutting edge water utility issues” funded by the EACEA (EU) – http://jmwater.ec.unipi.it/
- 2011-2012 – Research unit coordinator of the project of International Cooperation “Corporate governance of banks in the crisis context”, funded by University of Pisa and Ukrainian Academy of Banking. In collaboration with Ukrainian Academy of Banking, Sumy, Ukraine
She has been Chair of the following conferences:
- 2017 –IWA Conference “Water Challenges in the XXI Century: Role of Economics, Statistics and Asset Management”, Livorno, 11-13 September 2017 – http://iwa2017.ec.unipi.it/
- 2017 –3rd International Seminar Water Resources Management on “Governance and Performance of water utilities: tools and best practices” Pisa, 27 January 2017
- 2015 – International Seminar Water Resources Management on “European Water Utility Management: Promoting Efficiency, Innovation and Knowledge in the Water Industry” Pisa, 3rd June 2015.
- 2012 – International conference “Corporate Governance and Regulation: Outlining New Horizons for Theory and Practice”, University of Pisa, Faculty of Economics, September, 19, 2012.
Academic Editor PLOS ONE
Guest Editor (with Rui Cunha Marques – University of Lisbon, Andrea Guerrini – University of Verona) Special Issue on Water Resources Management Journal (Ranked A Anvur and AIDEA) 2016 on “European Water Utility Management” – https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11269-017-1697-3
Guest Editor (with Rui Cunha Marques – University of Lisbon, Andrea Guerrini – University of Verona e Francesco Fatone – Politechnich University of Marche) Special Issue on Sustainability Journal (Ranked A GEV area 13) (2017) on “Challenges for a Sustainable Water Use and Re-Use”
Guest Editor (with Arnaud Reynaud – Toulouse School of Economics & INRA) Special Issue on Water Journal (2017) on “Advances in the Economic Analysis of Residential Water Use” – http://www.mdpi.com/journal/water/special_issues/economic_residential_water
Reviewer for: Azienda Pubblica; BMC Health Services Research; Central European Journal of Operations Research; Environmental Science and Pollution Research; Impresa Progetto – Electronic Journal of Management; International Journal of Business Performance Management; International Journal of Public Sector Management; International Journal of Learning and Intellectual Capital; International Journal of Water Resources Development, ; Journal of Cleaner Production; Journal of Water Supply: Research and Technology – AQUA; Managerial Auditing Journal; Resources, Conservation & Recycling; Review of Policy Research; Science of the Total Environment; Sustainability; Sustainability Accounting, Management and Policy Journal; Utilities Policy; Urban Water Journal; Water; Water Resources Management; Water Resource Planning and Management; Water Resources Research.