Current funded projects:
- TAS-The Afar stratoid. Project to understand the evolution of tectonics and magmatism during the flood basalt volcanism of central Afar. The project is funded the PRIN project 2017P9AT72 by MIUR (total budget €652K)
- CEOS Volcano Demonstrator. InSAR project to monitor global volcanoes using X-band SAR data supported by CEOS (Committee on Earth Observations Satellites).
- Crustal deformation monitoring. InSAR project on monitoring the deformation in geothermal areas in Italy, Iceland and the East African Rift, funded by ESA NoR (Network of Resources) initiative to use Geohazards Exploitation Platform (G-TEP) for InSAR processing (€10K)
- Satellite geodesy and remote sensing imagery for geothermal energy exploration. PI of co-funding from the Ministry of Education and Research (MUR) for a PhD scholarship on National Operational Program (PON) “Research and Innovation” 2014-2020 – Action IV.5 “PhDs on green issues”.
- Satellite hyperspecrtral imaging for volcanoes and geothermal energy. Co-I of 1-year project by the Italian Space Agency (ASI) to task hyper-spectral data acquisitions from the PRISMA satellite of the Hengill (Iceland), Dama Ali (Etiopia) and Tulu Moye (East African rift) geothermal sites
- Extensional faulting during plate collision. Seismic equipment loan from NERC Geophysical Equipment Facility Steering Committee (GEFSC) of eight broadband seismometers for 2-year in Southern Tuscany (equivalent to commercial value of £49.5K)
Past funded projects:
2018-2020. Principal-investigator of a 2-year grant by the University of Pisa PRA_2018_19 (€47.8K)
Principal-investigator on a 3-year grant by the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) to access data from the ALOS-2 satellite over Changbaishan volcano (China) at no cost (funding-in-kind)
Co-investigator on a 3-year grant by the Italian Space Agency (ASI) to access data from the Cosmo-SkyMed satellite over the Pearl River Delta (China) at no cost (funding-in-kind)
Co-investigator on an internal grant by the University of ‘La Sapienza’ Roma to study the Erta Ale ridge volcanoes in Ethiopia (€1.3K)
2014-2017. ‘Rita Levi Montalcini’ individual fellowship for a 3-year grant by the Italian Ministry of University, Research and Education (MIUR) to conduct research on Ethiopian and Iceland volcanoes (€202K)
Principal Investigator on a grant by the European Space Agency (ESA) to access data from the CosmoSkyMed satellite over Changbaishan volcano (China) at no cost (funding-in-kind)
Co-investigator on a 3-year grant by the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) to access data from the ALOS-2 satellite over Afar at no cost (funding-in-kind)
Doctoral Student Scholarship for three years Ph. D studies in Iceland granted by The Icelandic Center for Research (RANNÍS)
My papers on the Alu-Dalafilla volcano (Pagli et al., Nat Geo, 2012) and on rifting in Afar and Iceland (Wright et al., Nat Geo, 2012) were covered in the Nature Geoscience Editorial ‘What lies beneath’ and in the Nature Geoscience News and Views ‘Piecing toghter rifts’.