- 2006. Ph. D. in Geophysics, Institute of Earth Sciences, Department of Physics, University of Iceland
- 2002. Laurea degree (110/110 e lode) in Geological Sciences, Department of Earth Sciences, University of Pisa
- 2017-present. Associate Professor in Volcanology, Department of Earth Sciences, University of Pisa, Italy
- 2014-2017. ‘Rita Levi Montalcini’ Fellow, Department of Earth Sciences, University of Pisa, Italy
- 2013-2014. Lecturer in Earth Sciences, School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Plymouth University, UK
- 2008-2013. Post-doctoral Researcher, School of Earth and Environment, Institute of Geophysics and Tectonics, University of Leeds, UK
- 2006-2007. Post-doctoral Researcher (assistant-chercheur), Faculty of Sciences, Technology and Communications, University of Luxembourg
- 2002-2006. Ph.D student in Geophysics, Nordic Volcanological Center, Institute of Earth Sciences, University of Iceland
- 2003 Visiting Ph.D student at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Lyngby, Denmark
- 2001-2002. Visiting graduate student, Nordic Volcanological Institute, Reykjavik, Iceland
Invited talks and seminars
2021. Online Seminars: at the Rift and Rifted Margins Online Seminar series (GFZ Helmholtz Zentrum Potsdam, Germany; link to seminar on Youtube channel), and at the Volcano Science Center (VSC) virtual seminar series (USGS, USA).
2016. Seminar at the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Trieste, Italy.
2015. Keynote speaker at the meeting Pianeta Dinamico (SIMP-AIV-SoGeI-SGI), Florence. Seminar at ISMAR-CNR and University of Bologna, and talk at the Workshop MemoVolc, INGV, Pisa.
2014. Seminar at IREA-CNR, Naples, at Guangdong University of Technology, Guangzhou, China, and at Department of Earth Sciences, University of Florence
2012. Invited speaker at the AGU fall meeting, session T41G
2011. Invited speaker at: the EGU General Assembly, session GMPV10, at the Royal Society workshop on Magma Migration, Storage and Eruption at Divergent Plate Boundaries in Iceland and Afar, Kavli Royal Society International Centre, UK
2010. Invited speaker at: the Summer School on Magmatic Plumbing Systems and Intrusions, Iceland, at Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) NASA, Pasadena, USA, at California Institute of Technology (Caltech), Pasadena, USA, at Lancaster Environment Centre, University of Lancaster, UK, and at the Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris (IPGP), France
2009. Invited speaker at: the EGU General Assembly, session GMPV3, and at the meeting Frontiers of Science in Beijing, China, organized by the Royal Society, UK
Reviewer and editorial activity
- Guest Editor for the special issue Continental rifting and associated magmatism in space and time in the Italian Journal for Geosciences.
- Associate Guest Editor for the research topic InSAR for volcanoes and tectonics in Frontiers in Earth Science.
- Associate Guest Editor for the themed issue Anatomy of rifting: Tectonics and Magmatism in Continental Rifts, Oceanic Spreading Centers, and Transforms in Geosphere (Geological Society of America).
- Reviewer for the funding agencies: Agence Nationale de la Recherce (ANR, France) and The Icelandic Centre for Research (RANNIS, Iceland).
- Reviewer for the journals: Geophysical Research Letters, Journal of Geophysical Research-Solid Earth, Gcubed and Tectonics (AGU). GEOLOGY and Geosphere (Geological Society of America). Earth and Planetary Science Letters, Earth Science Review, Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research, Journal of African Earth Sciences, Marine and Petroleum Geology, and Geomorphology (Elsevier). Geophysical Journal International (Oxford Academic). Remote Sensing (MDPI), IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing ,eEarth (EGU), and Frontiers in Earth Science