- Variational inequalities
- Projected dynamical systems
- Equilibrium problems
- Transportation network equilibria
- Non-cooperative games
- Cooperative games
- Cloud computing
- Wireless communications
- 2002-2005: Project of National Relevance FIRB “Large Scale Nonlinear Optimization”
- 2005-2007: Project of National Relevance PRIN “New Problems and Innovative Methods in Nonlinear Optimization”
- 2007-2009: Project of National Relevance PRIN “Nonlinear Optimization, Variational Inequalities, and Equilibrium Problems”
- 2008: Joint project between University of Pisa and National Sun Yat-Sen University of Kaohsiung (Taiwan)
- 2012-2013: Project “Modelli di previsione dei flussi monetari per la gestione del contante nelle filiali bancarie” funded by “Bassilichi S.p.a.”
- 2014: Project “Percorsi ottimali in una guida turistica personalizzata” funded by “Genesisoft S.a.s.”
- 2014: Project “Studio di tecniche di ottimizzazione per la gestione in tempo reale di spazi pubblicitari su internet” funded by “Solutions di Daniel Pirchio”
- 2015: Project “Mathematical models and computational methods for complex networks” funded by University of Pisa
- 2017-18: Project “Modelli ed algoritmi innovativi per problemi strutturati e sparsi di grandi dimensioni” funded by University of Pisa
- 2017-2020: Project of National Relevance PRIN “Nonlinear and Combinatorial Aspects of Complex Networks”
- 2018-2020: Project “Sistema integrato per la gestione efficiente di magazzini estesi e ad alto indice di rotazione in ottica Industria 4.0” funded by Regione Toscana
Proposal reviewer for the “National Science Foundation” (USA) in 2015.
Proposal reviewer for the Joint Mobility Program MIUR-DAAD in 2017.
Member of the Program Committee of the following international conferences:
- 9th International Conference on Operations Research and Enterprise Systems (ICORES 2020), 22-24 February 2020, Valletta, Malta.
- 8th International Conference on Operations Research and Enterprise Systems (ICORES 2019), 19-21 February 2019, Prague, Czech Republic.
- 7th International Conference on Operations Research and Enterprise Systems (ICORES 2018), 24-26 January 2018, Funchal, Madeira, Portugal.
Reviewer for the following international conferences:
- International Conference on Automation and Computing (ICAC 2014), 12-13 September 2014, Craneld University, Craneld, UK.
- Applied Mathematics, Modelling and Computational Science (AMMCS 2013), 26-30 August 2013, Waterloo, Canada.
Reviewer for the following international journals:
- Ad Hoc Networks
- Advances in Mathematical Physics
- Applicable Analysis
- Applied Numerical Mathematics
- Applied Sciences
- Boundary Value Problems
- Computational Optimization and Applications
- Decisions in Economics and Finance
- European Journal of Operational Research
- IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing
- IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing
- IEEE Transactions on Services Computing
- INFORMS Journal on Computing
- International Journal of Cooperative Information Systems
- Journal of Computer Science and Technology
- Journal of Fixed Point Theory and Applications
- Journal of Global Optimization
- Journal of Grid Computing
- Journal of Information Security and Applications
- Journal of Optimization
- Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications
- Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing
- Mathematical and Computational Applications
- Mathematical Problems in Engineering
- Mathematical Programming
- Mobile Information Systems
- Networks and Spatial Economics
- Neural Computing and Applications
- Nonlinear Analysis
- Numerical Algorithms
- Operational Research: An International Journal
- Optimization Letters
- Optimization Methods and Software
- RAIRO – Operations Research
- Set-valued and Variational Analysis
- SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization
- Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing
Reviewer of the following Ph.D. dissertations:
- University of Florence 2012
- University of Florence 2017
- University of Catania 2018
- Workshop “Mathematical Models and Computational Methods for Complex Networks”, Pisa, Department of Computer Science, June 6-7, 2016.
- AIRO 2015 – 45th Annual Conference of the Italian Operational Research Society, Pisa, September 7-10, 2015 (Chair of the Organizing Committee).
- Workshop “Talking about variational inequalities, equilibria and neighbouring problems”, Pisa, Department of Computer Science, May 29-30, 2014.